Have you seen enough? Do you like what you see? Do YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES to become a member of this elite group of battlers?
|John "Curly" Barrett retrieves his ship after sinking.|
He'll have it back on the water in an hour which is why he's
smiling. Even when you sink, the MWC offers a good time.
ENLIST IN THE MWCI!
If you feel that Model Warship Combat is for you, join now by downloading the handy on-line form in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf).
- A national set of rules which allows you to battle with people all over this great nation. You can battle with anyone in the MWC since we all follow the same set of rules. Something which is quite unique in the hobby.
- The MWC is the only organization to offer it members direct general liability insurance coverage for the operation of model warship combat related activities with membership. This provides protection to the organization and the membership throughout the country.
- $2,000,000 annual general liability aggregate coverage for MWC members, chapters and site owners.
- $1,000,000 per occurrence coverage for MWC members, chapters and site owners.
- Access to the members-only mail list, providing quick and informative solutions to your building and battling questions.
- Free space on the organizations webserver for your own MWC related webpage.
- Memberships run from January 1st to December 31st.
- First time members joining after July save 50% on their membership fees.
|A few of the friendly battlers at an MWC event waiting on the shoreline for a battle to start.|
- Each year the MWC holds its premier event, the MWC National Championships (Nats). This even rotates around the country to allow everyone an opportunity to attend and consistently attracts the best battlers in the hobby. The MWC Nationals is the biggest event in the entire hobby attracting upwards to 60 captains for the week of battling.
- The MWC sanctions events all over the country throughout the year. Membership is required at all sanctioned events.
- A year's subscription (four issues) to TF144, the MWC newsletter, filled with battle reports, tips and tactics as well as interesting trivia.
- Group buying power. Our members often purchase items in bulk from vendors at greatly reduced prices.
- A tight-knit group of wacky friends who are willing to travel hundreds of miles to let their best friends blast their most prized possession to Davey Jones Locker. It's no wonder they call this hobby the "magnificent obsession".
For new captains who are joining late in the year (we do not have a pro-rated dues system) we do offer a more economical "One Event Membership" to allow you to get on the water and participate in a sanctioned MWCI battle in a more economical fashion until the regular memberships (and dues) start again in January. If you are interested in this option download the on-line form (Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat) and either mail it to the listed address or bring it to the Contest Director at the battle.